Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Being Thankful for Soldiers

Today we tied Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving together.  We read a quick book on Veteran's Day and added it to our Inform portion of our Author's Purpose interactive tree map.  Then we created an anchor chart.  I love it and my firsties came up with some great adjectives to describe a soldier. Take a peek....

We are now in the process of creating some precious boy and girl soldiers. As usual we ran out of time so.....we will finish them up first thing in the morning.  Each soldier will be holding a thank you to our soldiers.  Here is where Thanksgiving comes in to play.  We are sending these creations to soldiers that are currently deployed.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!  I'll post pictures tomorrow.  :0)

UPDATE:  I created a soldier craftivity and lap book project to extend this activity.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover