Sunday, February 1, 2015

Movie Clip Monday ... Ruby Bridges ... Do You Know Her Story?



For as long as I can remember I always introduced civil rights in my classroom using the book, The Story of Ruby Bridges.  My first graders always related to Ruby and were so shocked at how she was treated. Some great conversations were sparked through the reading of her story.  As we enter Black History Month I urge you to spark those conversations with your students no matter what grade you teach.  Here is a video of a Read Aloud of the book!






Click on Ruby Bridges below to purchase the craftivity and lap book.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up again this week! We spend some time talking about Ruby Bridges, so this is perfect to use.

    Cheryl
    Techie Turtle Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover