Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day

Whew! Ya'll I'm tired!  We had school today. I know, I know who goes to school on President's Day?  Well we did and we had a blast!  My teamies and I planned a whole day of President Day Centers for our firsties to rotate through.  We set the centers up in the hallway and all three classrooms.  We had a total of 16 centers for them to rotate through!  Some of the centers included:  Several craftivities (George Washington, Yankee Doodle Kids, Pretzel Log Cabin, George and Abe characters & more), Book browsing with lots of presidential books to read, iPads, If I Were President (We took their pics at a podium.  I'll post later. Adorable!!!!), & so much more!  Some of the comments from the firsties today:  "This was the best day of school ever!" & "You are the best teacher!"  How can you go wrong with that?  If you are looking for a different way to engage your students try a center day.  It is incredible!
 Here are a few of our sweeties working hard in the hallway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover