Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reading, Ruby and Caterpillars

We had such a great week!  We finished our unit on Ruby Bridges and my firsties can tell you all about her!     Take a look at one of the finished lap books.  Adorable!

You can go HERE OR HERE to get the unit.

Our reading story this week was I'm a Caterpillar.  We made a caterpillar with the life cycle of the butterfly.   We also worked on writing captions.  Take a look at both.  So Cute!


If you use Scott Foresman Reading Street you can get the unit HERE.

Finally I promised a picture of our reading bags. Below you can see the bag with the books chosen by a student.  I am working to create independent learners and they are really beginning to blossom!
You can pick up cheap tote bags at Hobby Lobby.  I had my name embroidered on the bag so if the bag is  accidentally left somewhere it can be returned.  :0)

Have a Fabulous Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover