Monday, July 28, 2014

Interactive Notebooks and Standards Based Report Cards

My district transitioned to standards based report cards last year and it was a mind shift for both teachers and parents.  Over the summer I began to create interactive notebook activities and it dawned on me that these would be great portfolios for standards based report cards.  It definitely would not be the only thing you need to use in order to assess your students but it is a quick snapshot.  If you haven't tried interactive notebooks I urge you to start.  Not only is it engaging for the kiddos but also gives you another way to assess your students.

I've started two interactive notebooks to help you get started in both reading and math.  I will be creating and adding more activities as the year goes on. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover