Saturday, November 10, 2012

Author's Purpose

This upcoming week I am introducing Author's Purpose to my firsties.  I always put up an anchor chart that corresponds with the new strategy.  I created an anchor chart for Author's Purpose and wanted to share it with you guys.  Here is a picture:


If you want a copy you can get it (HERE).

Then I decided that I wanted an interactive tree map for author's purpose.  My classroom does not have a lot of wall space so I have to be creative with where I place thing.  My tree map has found a home on my cabinet doors.  I placed it in a spot where my students can write on it. I want them to interact with it!  After we read a story we will write the title in the area where it belongs.  Here is a picture of the "blank canvas."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover