Saturday, March 16, 2013

Reading Street Units

I think I can. I think I can....we have one more week until spring break....I know I can! We are in the countdown mode for spring break!  Woohoo!  5 more school days!  Well we all know keeping our kiddos engaged towards the end of the year gets a little more difficult.  With this in mind I have been creating literacy center activities that go along with Scott Foresman Reading Street.  I will confess...in the past I did not change out my centers.  However after creating these units I see how excited my firsties get when I tell them about our new games for word work each week.  It makes my heart smile!  It's the little things that truly do make a big difference.  You can get my newest unit for A Trip to Washington, D.C.  at Teachers Pay Teachers or  at Teachers Notebook.
This is the craftivity for the unit.  My kiddos loved making their own tourist to look like them!  I'm thinking I may have to create a social studies unit around this little character for those of you that don't use Reading Street. :0)

I also wanted to show you guys a picture of the anchor chart we created for our invitations to the ball.
This craftivity is included in the unit for the Reading Street story, Cinderella.  Go to Teachers Pay Teachers or to Teachers Notebook for your copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover