Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Playing Scoot and A New Unit... Frog and Toad Together

If you haven't played Scoot in your classroom, you need to!  I introduced this game to my firsties last week and they love it.  They loved it so much they are ready to play everyday!  How to play Scoot:  I taped task cards (we used the task cards from my "Class Pet" unit) onto their desks and numbered each card. Then we numbered our papers 1-10 and grabbed a buddy.  I positioned each pair of students at a desk with a card.  They wrote the answer by the corresponding number on their paper.  After a minute or two I said, "Scoot" and they moved to the next number.  Easy peasy and so engaging!  Take a look at them playing Scoot!

I  created new activities for the Scott Foresman Reading Street Unit 3 story, Frog and Toad Together.  You can get the whole unit HERE.



If you want to just pick up the Frog and Toad craftivity you can grab it here: 








2 comments:

  1. LOVE the "scoot" idea - can't wait to try it with my first graders with our main idea task cards next week :) Happy to be your newest follower!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are my newest follower! Your first graders will love Scoot! Mine cannot get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover